Water damage handled wrong!
This project was a condo in Beverly hills valued at 2.5 million dollars in which the water damage was handled wrong. There was a leak from the neighbor upstairs. Water damage had come down into our clients kitchen/pantry area. The dry down company hired (name withheld) came in and removed some drywall in the pantry area and installed typical dry down fans. In the photo you can see where they removed the drywall between the outline of the desk drawers which were on either side (the brown plywood portion). The dry down company said it was “fine” the environmental company hired by the insurance company said it was fine too.
Our client was told that this had solved the problem and she had no concerns. 8 months later, when the new buyer went to move the desk this is what they found. Note the excessive black mold and Stachybotrys was present behind the removed desk.
The water damage company shrugged their shoulders, my client was left with an approximate $70,000 dollar bill all because of someone not advising them but instead they listened to the dry down company and the insurance company. Don’t trust consultants that have agendas or get their work from insurance carriers. This is what you will end up with..
DON’T let this happen to you!
Condo in Beverly Hills CA,
Water damage from condo above our clients unit allowed water to enter her unit and cause damage. The dry down company responded immediately. But…
Project Date: April 2008
- Site assessment
- Documentation and reporting
- Scope of work and remediation design
- Remediation coordination
- Certification & Clearance
After dealing with many sinus infections, coughs, runny noses etc. from our 3 year old, we decided to have our house inspected for mold. Chuck was prompt, informative and very familiar with our situation having been through constant sicknesses from his own children. He inspected the entire inside and outside of the home. He pointed out all areas of mold and advised that not everything would be considered a hazard to our health. Then he got to the laundry area...our front loader washer was the issue! It was lined with mold on the inside of the washing drum! The washer was removed within minutes! We followed all of Chuck's instructions..daily vacuuming, opening all windows for natural air flow, tossing all items with stuffing/batting that have ever been washed in the the front loader, and washing all items that had ever been washed in the front loader on the hottest sanitizing cycle in the new washer (NOT a front loader, btw!). We are approaching 2 months since Chuck was here and we have been free of any kind of sickness! We are so thankful for you, your expertise and your kindness. We already have and will continue to refer you business!
" I professionally manage hi net worth individual, movie stars and Hollywood A-list celebrities. Chuck has worked for me and my clients for several years and they always do great work, on time and get the job done right. I count on SOS for any indoor environmental concern and will continue to."
I have used SOS several times over the last decade and they ALWAYS exceed my expectations! It's reassuring to know that with their expertise in environmental problems, any issues that might be there will be found and corrected. Chuck Colby will do what needs to be done to make sure your home is a safe and healthy place.
I always read other Yelp reviews with a jaundiced eye as you never know who is writing the reviews or their motives. I was in need of a mold inspection for a condo purchase in Santa Barbara asap. I gambled on SOS/Chuck Colby and it was a great gamble. I live 2 hours away and coordinating remotely has it challenges. Chuck was so great -- returned phone calls promptly, communicated well, showed up on time, totally professional and nice. Fortunately the condo had no significant issues but his written report had some good recommendations for improving interior air quality. His price was fair and his report thorough. I would highly recommend Chuck/SOS -- prompt, professional, pleasant -- Thank you Chuck.
I can't speak more highly of Chuck and SOS. We selling a home that we had just spent close to $2 million dollars in construction on; it was from the ground up brand new. The home was in escrow close to $3.5 Million dollars. The buyers hired a local mold company who "couldn't find any signs of mold or any problems". Then, they took air samples in every room in the home. The counts were extremely high inexplicably. The only thing this mold company could tell the buyer and us was that it would cost about $150,000 to demolish the interior surfaces of the home and try to "find" the problem. This did not include restoring the surfaces that were removed. Chuck Colby came out, identified the issue (which was our crawlspace), in about 5 minutes. $2,500 dollars later it was fixed and tested fine. We lost our buyer but got another one. All tested fine. Thanks again Chuck and SOS
" Chuck and SOS helped me out of a difficult spot with my tenant who was very sensitive to mold. Chuck came in and the guys at SOS saved me a lot of money and helped me find the source of the main issue. Compared to the other companies that I met with SOS was by far the best and saved me about $6,000 dollars and got the job done right! Thanks SOS ."
I'm the CEO of one of the largest media companies in the world. We purchased a home that had a mold problem in the lower wine cellar. We needed the entire job done in 4 days, which we were told was impossible. Other companies told us it would take 3 weeks or more. Chuck and his team got it done. In fact, when I met Chuck on the site, he wanted to go back to his office to give me a proper bid. Alternatively, I forced him to tell me what it would cost right then. He gave me a price of $12,000 dollars and I said "fine" and wrote a check for the entire amount right then. On the 4th day as promised I met Chuck on the job and it was done perfectly and even had the lab samples emergency rushed and the results back in hand. All in 4 days. To my surprise not only did he get the job done, but he handed me a check for $3,000 dollars. I asked "what is this" Chuck told me that when I forced him to give a price, that it ended up being $3,000 more than it should have and he was refunding me that money. I have never in my life had this experience with anyone. It was ironic, that the same day my audio/video installer tried to charge me over $40,000 to wire up some speakers.